- This event has passed.
IISE Webinar 1:1 Influence Conversation with Andrea Clough
November 18, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Develop THE SKILL for career success and serious performance gains as an Engineer.
Here is how to influence anyone – bosses, employees, customers, and your colleagues – to get phenomenal results easily and in ways that actually strengthen relationships.
The most successful Engineers influence others to embrace and implement their ideas.
Unfortunately, even at the top levels of an organization, many Engineers struggle with how to really influence others. Some Engineers are “one-trick ponies,” relying on one approach with every situation. That’s like trying to fix a car with only a single tool. Others tend to go to extremes, which might get results but can hurt relationships. Still others avoid conflict, and don’t say what really needs to be said. As a result:
- It is harder to get things done up, down, and across the organization.
- It feels like everyone isn’t on the same page about expectations.
- Leading an organization is more frustrating and less fulfilling than it has to be.
There is an art and a science to influence, to know the right conversations to have with others in order to get results, while still keeping the relationship strong.
Andrea Clough specializes in helping Engineers be more influential. She brings you a six-part approach that helps you go from goal to result, and position yourself in the most powerful and effective way.
Once you learn her process, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it becomes to get things done, get everyone on the same page, set high expectations, and reduce the hassles that you face every day.
This workshop will cover:
- The principles of influence.
- The biggest mistakes Engineering leaders make when trying to influence others, and how to avoid them.
- A six-part planning process that gets the desired result in almost any influence conversation.
- Seven different ways to influence somebody else.
- How to handle conversations when the other person gets emotional, and other challenges.
Influence is what sets top Engineers apart from the rest. Influence is key to leadership, and yet one of the most misunderstood skills. Join us to learn more.
Please join IISE Puget Sound on Wednesday November 18, 2020 from 4PM-5:30 PM as we learn from the Engineer Whisperer, Andrea Clough.
To receive the Zoom meeting info, please sign up here: https://iisepsevents.app.rsvpify.com/