- Preside over all Board and Chapter meetings.
- Fill all required positions with volunteers and assign action items as required.
- Make brief announcements at Chapter events.
- Coordinate with all other Chapter Officers & Board members on their activities.
- Review items mailed from National, share with the Board, & respond appropriately.
- Maintain Chapter’s health (strive for green status, or at least yellow status – for full dues checks).
- Seek assistance from Past President(s), Chapter Officers & Board members as necessary.
- Maintain Chapter records/archives.
- Turn over Chapter records/archives to next Chapter President in good order.
- Assume President’s duties in their absence.
- Act as Chapter President if they permanently leave before their tenure is completed.
- Coordinate the monthly Chapter activities for the program year.
- Prepare to take over as Chapter President, the following program year.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Assist the President as required.
- Advise President on key deadlines, past correspondence, and activities as required.
- Advise National of new President’s name & contact information.
- Assure smooth transfer of President’s duties and responsibilities.
- Head up Nomination Committee.
- Take Minutes at Board meetings and distribute minutes to all Officers, Board members, and other volunteers.
- Incorporate any corrections to current Minutes as requested.
- Maintain records of Chapter correspondence and Minutes.
- Assist with Chapter correspondence as required.
- Help prepare Chapter Activity Report (CAR) submittal, and maintain revisions on the computer and distribute copies to Chapter Officers & Board members.
- Assist other Chapter Officers in documenting procedures and Chapter business processes and encourage continuous improvement to the chapter’s processes.
- Maintain the chapter’s checking and savings accounts.
- See that Chapter Officers are reimbursed for documented out-of-pocket expenses, and that proper receipts are received and kept for tax records.
- See that all reimbursement checks are signed and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Deposit all cash and checks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the accounting records and make periodic reports at Board meetings.
- Prepare the required tax information and send to National prior to the deadline.
- Inform the appropriate Chapter officer regarding any delinquent accounts due.
- Provide required budget and financial information to the Chapter Activity Report (CAR) focal.
- Turn over all Treasurer check books, records, and files to the next Treasurer.
- Maintain membership database on a regular basis.
- Solicit revisions to email addresses.
- Add new members received from National in a timely manner.
- Make additions and revisions to membership database as advised by other chapter officers and board members.
- Provide historical membership figures to the Chapter Activity Report (CAR).
- Ensure that membership database is safely transferred to the new membership database focal.
- Send out IISE membership information (invitation letter, IISE brochure and application form, and any requested information) to anyone inquiring about IISE membership or the local chapter.
Program Director (position usually held by Vice President)
- Coordinate speakers, tours and help plan all chapter events.
- Solicit program suggestions from chapter members, officers and board members.
- Arrange for all event bills to be paid/reimbursed by Treasurer.
- Coordinate check-in process for events and provide receipts (if applicable).
- Provide name tags to event attendees.
- Send a copy of the sign-up sheet to the Chapter Activity Report (CAR) focal or President.
- Set up a display table with current IISE Chapter brochures.
- Introduce event speakers and tour guides.
- Ensure that we go around the room at the beginning of all events for everyone to say their name, company, and Chapter officer position (if applicable).
- Ensure that survey forms (see separate documents) are filled out by all attendees at the conclusion of all scheduled meetings and tours. Ensure that survey forms are summarized and results are reviewed with Chapter officers & board members.
- Utilize survey results to improve future programs/events.
- Ensure that Chapter gifts (IISE coffee mugs, pens, etc.) are available and presented to all speakers and tour guides following the conclusion of the event.
- Have event coordinators write a thank you note to all speakers and tour guides.
- Turn over suggested program topics to next Program Director.
Annual Membership Survey Coordinator
- Prepare a revised Chapter membership survey form.
- Coordinate inclusion of survey form in a Chapter email to all members.
- Summarize membership survey results.
- Advise Chapter Officers and Board members of membership survey findings.
- Advise Program Director and other related officers of specific suggestions and any volunteer offers received.
Engineering Fair Coordinator
- Keep Officers, Board members and chapter members informed about PSEC’s K-12 Engineering Fair activities.
- Fill out application form and send in required fee to PSEC.
- Contact Fair Chairman and get instructions on Chapter’s participation.
- Plan for display booth (obtain handouts, banner, giveaways, and booth display) and arrange for volunteers to staff the booth.
- Work with U.W. Student IISE Chapter on getting student volunteers.
- Participate in Engineering Fair and store items used until next year.
- Attend PSEC (Puget Sound Engineering Council) meetings, representing the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers.
- Vote on all PSEC activities.
- Inform Chapter Officers & Board members of significant PSEC activities.
- See that PSEC dues are paid on time.
- Write selected PSEC articles for Chapter’s website, advertising Engineers Awards Banquet, Engineering Fair, and National Engineer’s Week.
- Coordinate National Engineer’s Week activities for Chapter, including assisting the Engineering Fair Coordinator.
Student Chapter Liaison
- Support the University of Washington’s Student Chapter as the Senior Chapter representative.
- Attend selective Student Chapter meetings and events.
- Coordinate with the Student Chapter’s faculty advisor and other professors.
- Encourage Student Chapter members to attend Senior Chapter events. Provide event announcements to Student Chapter.
- Encourage graduating Student Chapter members to join the Senior Chapter upon graduation with a prepared email note & attachments.
Student Chapter Representative
- Coordinate with the Senior Chapter.
- Attend Senior Chapter Board meetings and report status of Student Chapter’s activities.
- Communicate relevant Senior Chapter activities to Student Chapter members.
Newsletter Officer (Secretary)
- Responsible for communicating events and IISE information to officers and sending communication to membership.
Social Media Officer
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the chapter’s social media strategy.
- Built and design functional website optimizing loading speed.
- Monitor and analyze site performance.
- Coordinate event information with organizers to update content.
Community Outreach Officer
- Build and maintain working relationships with representatives of the community organizations, schools, and other local agencies.